Sunday 21 September 2014

Antique Bottle

 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi All this is my first attempt at doing a bottle...
 
so for you that are so very talented... please be bear with me!
 
This is how I started.
I got an olive oil bottle washed it well and removed the label.
I used masking tape around the neck of the bottle first,
then did a thin layer of gesso first and repeated. Once both layers were dry I applied two layers of cream.
I used burnt amber and watered if down and used a tooth brush and flicked it all over the bottle.
then let it dry.
 

 
whilst drying I cut out from my collage sheet and serviette the pieces I wanted.
I mod podged it done and then used bark brown ink and rubbed the edgings of the
bottle and blended the images once they had been added.
I then took off the masking tape and add my twine.
 I finally added a butterfly and a key with my two cogs.
I glued down my key so it doesn't swing every time I pick up the bottle.
 

 
hope you enjoyed my bottle as much as I enjoyed making it
 
Happy scrapping
xxoo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment