Sunday, 21 September 2014

Antique Bottle

Hi All this is my first attempt at doing a bottle...
so for you that are so very talented... please be bear with me!
This is how I started.
I got an olive oil bottle washed it well and removed the label.
I used masking tape around the neck of the bottle first,
then did a thin layer of gesso first and repeated. Once both layers were dry I applied two layers of cream.
I used burnt amber and watered if down and used a tooth brush and flicked it all over the bottle.
then let it dry.

whilst drying I cut out from my collage sheet and serviette the pieces I wanted.
I mod podged it done and then used bark brown ink and rubbed the edgings of the
bottle and blended the images once they had been added.
I then took off the masking tape and add my twine.
 I finally added a butterfly and a key with my two cogs.
I glued down my key so it doesn't swing every time I pick up the bottle.

hope you enjoyed my bottle as much as I enjoyed making it
Happy scrapping

Saturday, 20 September 2014

Egg dairy ... New look

Well accidents happen and it was going to happen sooner or later....
I dropped my journal and dammeged the cover... Not just a small crack..
But the top came off!!! Smashed!!
I was shattered (no pun intended!!) to say the least but then I thought this was the chance to pull it off
And fix up my changes I wanted to make the last time and add some more... Well let's see what I can do before I say some thing that doesn't happen!!!

Evidence of the disaster!!

So I started of by re-sanding the cover and doing a thin layer of gesso and then
Did a second coat of gesso thicker this time.
I then put my eggshells down. Egg shell up and glue it down mod podge.
Once dry I reapplied mod podge and dried.
I then put the colour cream. I again did two coats.
Once dry I applied a serviette. 
I put it one side to dry and took a arch chippie and did a thin layer of glue over

The entire chippie to give it dimemsion. I dried it with my heating tool. Once dried 
I applied gold paint. Dried and then over the top used picked fence distress paint and rubbed with my finger
over the gold to tone down the gold. I still wasn't happy with the colour so I used spun sugar distress paint
over top of the colours I had already used. 
I then took my dress mannequin and sprain with Dylusions -
chocolate, campso teal & turquoise  
I did a paper doily as a skirt and glued it down.
 I left it white and put a silver ribbon over the top.
I then put a piece of lace across the cover and glued it down.
I then glued down my arch that was dry.
I then glued down my mannequin.
I then added more lace to the mannequin which I had sprayed with garnet. 
I found the agent to pink so I added  abit of picket fence over it to tone it down.
I then placed a rhinestone on the centre of the lace and a bit of stickles - pearl at the top.
At the top of the mannequin I added a large rhinestone as well.

Super stoked with the final out come and I must say this is more of a ladies dairy.. so between you, me and this blog kinda happy it needed a new lease on life!
Happy scrapping Ladies