Wednesday 16 July 2014

Mother's Love

                               So ..I had one idea, but as soon as I started my idea was straight out the window and I headed off in new direction...
I started with a 8 x 8 canvas and covered it with tissue paper already preprinted.
I took a piece of lace and adhered it the the base of the canvas.
I then got my "Love" sign and two ticket stubs.
First I sprayed the "Love" sign with Dylusions - bubble gum.
I glued it over the lace and place my two ticket stubs.
I then applied a thin... Watered down layer of gesso over the whole canvas.
I then used my heating tool and dried my canvas.
I then placed my masking tape down we're I wanted it.


I then glued down butterflies that will resist the sprays. 
I took my charcoal pencil and went over the word "love" and enhanced it. 
I turned on my heat gun and.... Well the fun begins!!
Take the heat gun and run the glue over the masking tape
Were you want the glue. You must let the gun get hot before applying the glue or it 
will be thick as it has happened on my canvas.
Once the glue is dry - it dries quickly!!
Choose your two colours to spray.
I started with poppy red. Dry between spraying colours.

I  wiped of the excess spray and dried with heating tool.
I took my charcoal pencil and again went over the 'Love''.
I took wet wipes and placed then over the areas I didn't want sprayed with my next colour.
I took my Burnt umber and sprayed over the areas with masking tape and glue.
Again cleaning off excess spray off the resist butterflies once finished.  
I then dried with my heating tool. And started to decorate with the embellishments I wanted.
I backed my picture with black card stock. Placed a white flower  in the cornor and put rhinestones flowing out the flower.





Hope you enjoyed this new technique as much as I have enjoyed playing whilst learning...
Happy scrapping everyone 
Joan
XXOO                                  










No comments:

Post a Comment